27 May 2011

[it's personal] - not a day goes by.

Not a day goes by

Not a single day

But you’re somewhere a part of my life
And it looks like you’ll stay



As the days go by

I keep thinking when does it end
Where’s the day I’ll have started forgetting
But I just go on thinking and sweating
And cursing and crying
And turning and reaching
And waking and dying



And no, not a day goes by

Not a blessed day
But you’re still somehow part of my life
And you won't go away
So there’s hell to pay
And until I die
I’ll die day after day after day
After day
After day after day after day
Til the days go by
Til the days go by
Til the days go by {S.Sondheim}


72 months
or
312 weeks
or
2190 days
or
5294.87662 hours
or
3155692.596 min
or
189341556 seconds 

since i saw you. and not a day goes by that you are not close in my thoughts. i adored you. oh how i miss you my mother. xo


circa. 1950 maybe.......
update: dad says it must have been 1947 or 1948
he was 17 which would make mom 19 - xo

{i like to imagine mom is swinging in heaven just like this, young and beautiful and free xo }



1 comment:

Sonja said...

I like to think that too....my mom has been gone also and I think of her everyday. She will always be there in my memories and in my daughters reflection.