25 May 2011

[it's personal] - between the drops | newburyport, ma.

Raining
Raining for days on end
Staying inside again
Making up lists of things to do
When the rain ends
The Children are restless
They played all their games
Again and again and again
If we knew anyone we could call up a friend

But it's raining
Raining, raining, raining
{c. simon}

It has been raining here for over a week. But I'm one of THOSE people who love the rain. The sound of it on my roof, hitting my windows, a sweet little lullaby that I always adore. Of course as I type this, the sun is shining and the sky is blue. Finally. People seem happy. I drove Annie to school this morning and a car actually let me make my turn at the light. Amazing what a little sunshine and warmth does to the human spirit. 
There's a lovely tree on our street and it's petals are scattered all over the brick sidewalk like a pretty pink carpet. It was just too good not to photograph. Annie and I ran out between the raindrops and did a quick little impromptu shoot. I'm glad we did because the petals are now smushed and crushed into the sidewalk from all the rain we've had. Annie twirled and posed and loved the pretty pinkness. And then, ping.... ping.... the raindrops started again so we opened our umbrella and ran home. Spring. xo

Annie's skirt from The Pink Pooka - check out her etsy shop! 



 







{she has the daintiest fingers. love her hands.}


No comments: