21 August 2011

[august break no. 4] cotton candy and twirls | newburyport, ma

"We'll be friends forever, won't we,  Pooh?" asked Piglet.
Even longer,' Pooh answered."
{a.a.milne}


After 5 years of chatting and sharing and dreaming and building a friendship, I finally met Megan of Trees and Bees Photography and one of my The Maternal Lens partner. Proof that the internet is a powerful place. The very moment our eyes met at the airport I felt like I was meeting my very dear friend who has experienced a lot of my life with me. It was that easy, that comfortable. And our little girls, together finally, a dream come true. We knew they would immediately be friends. And just like that, a new friendship was born. Giggling, being silly, twirling and sharing secrets. This is part one of about 4 parts of wonderful shoots - shot at Salisbury Beach with sticky cotton candy, photo booths, and leap frog. {annie sporting her special dorothy shoes - a gift from marley from kansas. so special.} xo

5 comments:

Bil said...

My fave is the leap frog... is that real... or staged?

Megan said...

We had the most wonderful time with you and Annie! It was very special indeed, memories were made, bonds were strengthened and I have no doubt that we will all be united again in the future! I want a disc with these photos btw, they are absolutely perfect. The leap frog, happened spontaneously on their part.

Sarah said...

LOVELY and perfect!

Anonymous said...

adorable!

Jen said...

Such wonderful memories you've captured. I'm sure they'll look back at these photos as old friends one day and remember themselves as new friends.